Cybersecurity Fundamentals Course
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals Course is designed for this purpose, as well as to provide insight into the importance of cybersecurity, and the integral role of cyber security professionals. This course will also cover four key areas of cyber security: 1) cyber security architecture principles, 2) security of networks, systems, applications and data, 3) incident response, and 4) the security implications of the adoption of emerging technologies. Designed as a foundational course, it will also prepare learners for the Cybersecurity Fundamentals Exam.
- Understand basic cybersecurity concepts and definitions
- Apply cyber security architecture principles
- Identify components of a cyber security architecture
- Understand malware analysis concepts and methodology
- Recognize the methodologies and techniques for detecting host-and-network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies
- Zero to three years cyber security experience.
- Audit, risk, compliance, information security, government and legal professionals with a familiarity of basic IT/IS concepts who:
- are new to cyber security
- are interested in entering the field of cyber security
- are interested in an ISACA cyber security credential holder
- This course would be appropriate for students and recent graduates